HACCP Certification – Food Safety Standard
HACCP Certification in Maldives will enable you to prevent food contamination in your organization with the help of the Food Safety Management System.
What is HACCP Certification?
HAACP Certification acts as a gateway to food safety by preventing the food from any contamination by chemical, biological, microbial, or physical hazards or risks in production processes. The HACCP method is an internationally accepted method for identifying and managing food safety. HACCP Plan for the food industry and other food-related vendors is a systematic preventive approach and quality plan to provide safe and quality food to the public and the end-users. The effective implementation of the HACCP system will enhance and improve the ability and scope of an organization to identify and control food safety hazards that may occur within the food business.
Today, many of the world’s best manufacturers, vendors, and food industry are using the system of HACCP to enhance and improve the food management system as a basis for their food safety management programs and compliance with Government regulations. For the modern-day customer, basic food safety principles apply in the processing and handling of food are no longer enough. Industry standards have far exceeded regulatory requirements to complete customer needs. The demand for increased food safety efficacy systems has several reasons behind it. Most importantly,” consumers’ health” should never be compromised by consuming adequate food. Further seven principles of HAACP in HACCP guidelines are described:
- Conduct Hazard Analysis to identify where significant dangers are likely
- Identify and determine CCPs to mitigate food hazards
- Establish Critical limits representing min/max values needed at CCPs
- Plan to monitor CCPs
- Identify steps to both correct problems and prevent reoccurrence
- Verify the HACCP Plan is working as it should be
- Establish a detailed and comprehensive record-keeping/documentation procedure
Benefits of HACCP Certification
The HACCP system as it applies to food safety management uses the plan of controlling CCPs and preventing the safety of the food in the process. Adopting HACCP Certification helps to:
- Saves cost due to recalls and contaminations
- Formalized food safety management
- Develop and grow teamwork
- Improve market value in the market
- Ensure that you are compliant with the standard and government law
- Commitment to produce hazard-free food
- Cut down investigation time and saves time
- Enjoy recognition as a reputed supplier
- Recognized industry standard speaks volumes
- HACCP Certification opens new doors
Why does the Maldives need HACCP Certifications?
With new travel trends unfolding every day, tourist-centric organizations are compelled to survive in the race for the best. Different businesses require different Certifications to streamline the process with ease. Likewise, the food Industry requires HACCP Certification, to determine Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points instantly. Organizations need to demonstrate commitment to producing or trading in safe food. Gaining HACCP training helps to ensure that all possible food safety risks are covered – which makes good and logical business sense.
Food contamination can have serious consequences that can impact consumers’ health and organizations’ reputations. Eating contaminated food consequences range from sickness to death. Chemicals are used for cleaning. Contamination may occur from preparing food on a surface that still has chemical residue on it, microbial contamination happens when bacteria, viruses, mold, fungi, and toxins have contaminated food. Physical contamination can occur at any stage that can lead up to choking. Allergenic contamination occurs when food reacts with another food. HACCP is an internationally accepted method for preventing all these contaminations. To ensure safety HACCP in the food industry becomes an unavoidable system.
Requirements of HACCP Certification
The HACCP principles plans are aligned with the requirements of the FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) rule for food processors. Although a HACCP plan meets the majority of the requirements and is the best platform from which to build an FSMA-complaint management system. To implement HACCP Certification an organization needs to follow these steps:
- Establish HACCP Team with clearly designated team functions
- Describe the Product including product descriptions, shelf life, distribution conditions, etc.
- Identify the Intended use of the commodity by the final consumer or user
- Construct the Flow Diagram to help ensure the hazard analysis and describe all process steps
- On-Site Verification of the Flow Diagram to provide proof that the HACCP Team has verified the flow diagram
- Ensure the process has met the Critical limit
- Establish Record-keeping processes
- Conduct Internal Audit
Which Organization needs HACCP Certification?
All Organizations involved in the supply of food can get HACCP Certification from producer to supplier and can use HACCP Plan. Enterprises included are:
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Dairy Products
- Fish & Fishery Products
- Meat & Meat Products
- Nuts & Nut Products
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Spices & Condiments
- Fast Food Operations etc.
Strength of Ascent MALDIVES
- We at Ascent MALDIVES have helped over 6000 management systems to put their business in the place.
- We have well-qualified professional and competent Consultants who understand your business and technical needs and can help you with the practical and pragmatic approach to developing HACCP Certification standard requirements and Certification with proper guidance and training of your personnel.
- Ascent MALDIVES provides relevant HACCP training to all levels of employees about the implementation and knowledge of HACCP Certification.
- Ascent MALDIVES is available to supply your organization with complete training for personnel and make them capable of solving quality issues like a piece of cake. Ascent Maldives provides training according to the organization’s requirements in a timely and efficient manner, throughout Male, Fuvahmulah, Maafushi Island, and all other parts of the Maldives.
- Over the years with this approach, we have been enjoying the positive market value that has helped us win numerous service awards and helps in gaining the trust of our clients and customers.
- We at Ascent do not mislead you with any hidden charges.
- We provide the best quote that suits your pocket and achieves excellence in your work.
- Skillful experts to handle the HACCP Documentation.
- We at Ascent enjoy a 100% success rate with certifications and HACCP Audit
- Ascent MALDIVES is available to help you 24*7 to solve your queries- complete hand-holding.
- We follow Plan-Do-Check-Act to remove hindrances in achieving the ISO 9001 certification.
- We provide you with the best quote to value for money-including internal and external audit costs with no extra charges.
- Our successful existence in this competitive market for more than 20 years, suggests our expertise in this field.
Email your business information to email@example.com or make an appointment for a meeting. After evaluating your business we will get you the real cost, involvement patterns, and timelines, for implementing and acquiring HACCP Certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
IS ISO 22000 and HACCP the same?
NO. HACCP is a part of ISO 22000 standard. ISO 22000:2018 is an international Standard Food Safety Management System for ensuring global safety from the starting point of the food chain whereas HAACP is for Hazard analysis and controlling the risk involved in the process and preventing food safety from getting compromised.
Who can apply for a HACCP Plan?
HACCP Plan applies to all types of food industries involved in the food supply chain from producers to food manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers, etc. can apply for a HACCP Plan.
How long does HACCP Certificate valid?
HACCP Certification is valid for 3 years with yearly Surveillance and Re-Certification after the expiry of the certificate.
How long does the HACCP Certification process take to complete?
After the full documentation process and assessment of the HAACP system, it becomes easier to implement the system if all the requirements are in place.
What is the cost of HACCP Certification in the Maldives?
The cost of HACCP depends on various factors:
- Size of the Organization
- Geographical Locations
- Number of Work Units
- Number of Employees
- Complexity of Processes
The charges consist of two types i.e. Consultancy charges and certification charges (License, Certificate validity, Admin)
Cost includes both Internal and External Audit costs and the consultancy you hire from Ascent Maldives assures you to provide the best and most accurate consultancy at a pocket-friendly cost with no hidden charges. We also dispense supervision and recertification.
How HACCP works in the food industry?
We at Ascent Maldives make the HACCP Certification process simple for you by providing training and developing a system that assesses hazards and establish control, focusing on prevention rather than cure.