ISO 14001 Certification: Environmental Management System
Take Your Organization to a greener environment footprint by gaining ISO 14001 Certification in the Maldives.
Table of content
What is ISO 14001 Certification?
ISO 14001 is a principal management system standard that defines the new Integrated Environmental Management System (EMS) that aims at environmental protection and development according to the coherent and quantitative objectives of an organization. ISO 14001 standards help in improving environmental performance by improving the management system.
ISO 14001 is a standard from the family of ISO 14000 standards developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). This standard helps an organization to framework a map that they can use to develop a competitive environmental management system. The main focus of this ISO 14001: 2015 standard is to systematically identify effective means for reducing potentially harmful impacts on the environment.
ISO 14001 EMS is an internationally accepted standard and Hundreds of Thousands of ISO 14001 certificates have been issued globally. This standard not only helps your organization in guiding how to consider your business procurement so that it reduces its impact on the environment but also drives you to reduce waste, improve resources and cut waste management costs.
Benefits of 14001 Certification
ISO 14001 Certification benefits cannot be overstated. An organization implementing ISO 14001 standards will have great effects, as mentioned:
- Commitment to demonstrable management of your environmental impacts
- Enhance your image and market share
- Results in conserving energy and environmental sustainability
- Improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Drive down the cost
- Increase eligibility to work on more large and lucrative projects
- Meet the legal obligation of the local authority
- Increase business opportunities
- Gain a competitive edge
- Gain a more comprehensive understanding
- Improvement in resource efficiency
- Assure that your organization value the environment
- Build stakeholders’ and customers’ trust
- Continual improvement
Why do organizations in Maldives need ISO 14001 Certification?
The Maldives had a very simple lifestyle in the past but with increasing population and socio-economic development, deterioration in the environment has been witnessed. With a delicate ecosystem, Maldives is vulnerable to global warming and sea level rise. This situation clearly states the need for ISO 14001-Environmental Management Systems (EMS) in Maldives to maintain Environmental Sustainability.
From schools to NGOs, from rural sectors to urban, and from the working class to world leaders, we have been noticing environmental awareness everywhere and it’s the need of the time. Without a healthy environment, there will be no lives blooming on earth. Regardless of the organizations’ operation, there are areas where the impact on the natural environment can be improved, and Implementing ISO 14001 Certification helps your organization in cooperating with the environment positively by reducing the environmental impacts of your activities and achieving the associated financial and stakeholder benefits. The certification is broad enough to provide the framework for implementing relevant sustainable practices to offer significant benefits to organizations in any industry or sector without harming the ecosystem. It is the responsibility of organizations to develop a healthy business and environment for this generation where the coming generations shall enjoy the same.
ISO 14001 Environmental Sustainability in Maldives
The rise of sea level is a major concern for many islands and atolls in the Maldives. That’s why the government, owners of hotels, resorts, and local communities are paying attention to achieving ISO 14001 Environmental Sustainability.
By implementing proven practices described within ISO 14001 EMS framework, environmental sustainability can be effective. Also, everyone in the Maldives is keen to raise global action under the influence of the United Nations.
The following actions are taken on a serious note to introduce environmental sustainability:
- Preservation of coral ecosystems
- Initiatives from local communities
- Conservation rules for marine life
- Prevention of using plastics
- Island recycling plants
Requirements of ISO 14001 Certification
ISO 14001:2015 Standard introduces high-level structure, using mandatory definitions, and incorporating common standards requirements and clauses. The general requirements for ISO 14001 Certification are:
- Scope of EMS frames out the boundaries and type of procedure and operations you applied.
- Implementation of environmental policy and objective to decide the goals of an organization.
- Evaluation of environmental aspects and impacts by appropriate use of resources, replacing them with eco-friendly resources, and using recycled products by the reduction in waste and treating waste before emission.
- Implementation and monitor the process to determine the timeline to achieve the desired objective.
- Evaluation of environmental performance.
- Maintaining required documents and records.
- Identify risks and treat them as early as possible to implement corrective actions.
- Conduct Internal Audit.
Strength of Ascent MALDIVES
- Ascent MALDIVES provides relevant training to all levels of employees about implementing and knowing the requirements of ISO 14001 Certification.
- Ascent MALDIVES guides you on the road map to understand adhere and the steps of EMS by doing the ISO 14001 Awareness Training. This is meant to implement within your organization by our experienced and qualified team in the Maldives.
- Ascent MALDIVES has been in the business of ISO Certifications and Product Marking for the past 10+ years. We have achieved the highest level of security and customer satisfaction.
- Ascent MALDIVES provides 24X7 service to serve you at any time to do the ISO 14001 Documentation in the Maldives.
- Services of Ascent MALDIVES can be provided as evidence and help you close non-conformities and offer you the best help to improve the efficiency of your business.
- With Ascent MALDIVES, achieving an ISO 14001 Certificate is a simple step for a business, industry, or organization.
- Ascent MALDIVES helps your top tier employees to conduct the sessions of the ISO 14001 Management Review
Apart from that, we deliver the following Unique Selling Points:
- Better international exposure.
- Skillful experts to handle the works related to ISO 14001 EMS.
- Help your management and employees to conduct a strict internal audit by doing the ISO 14001 Internal Audit Training.
- Experienced consultants to handle your case.
- Gain technical and advanced-level approaches from qualified professionals.
- Certification is assured.
- Service availability is assured at different locations in the Maldives.
- 100% success rate with higher credibility.
- Ascent MALDIVES is not a freelancer or managed by temporary individuals. The result is assured with us.
- We stand at the top of the best-listed consultant agency.
Email your business information to firstname.lastname@example.org or make an appointment for a meeting. After evaluating your business we will get you the real cost, involvement patterns, and timelines, for implementing and acquiring ISO 14001 Certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Organization needs ISO 14001 Certification?
ISO 14001:2015 should be used by any organization regardless of size and nature to maintain an environmental management system to conform to its established environmental policy and requirements. ISO 14001 Certification helps an organization to carry business by maintaining the Environment and its resources without causing any harm to the ecology.
Is ISO 14001 obligatory?
It is not a mandatory or regulatory requirement but organization should consider it as a moral obligation & responsibility towards the environment & mother earth. It helps organizations improve their environmental performance through more efficient use of resources and reduction of waste.
How long does it take to acquire ISO 14001 certification?
Time depends upon the size of the organization. Larger the organization more time to get certified and vice versa. Approximately it takes 45 days to 3 months.
What is the cost of ISO 14001 Certification in the Maldives?
Depending upon the size of the organization cost may vary. The total cost includes consultancy fees and annual audit and certificate fees.
How long does ISO 14001 certification valid?
The cycle of the certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of certification, subject to the successful conduct of surveillance audits before completion of the 1st & 2nd year respectively.
What aim does ISO 14001 have?
ISO 14001 aims at reducing negative environmental impacts and managing all statutory regulations.
Where to get ISO 14001 Certification?
Organizations need to approach consultancies like Ascent MALDIVES; we are a leading consultancy that provides you with all the genuine details required according to the type, nature, and size of the organization to avail of the certificate.