ISO 14001 Certification: Environmental Management System
Take Your Organization to a greener environment footprint by gaining IOS 14001 Certification in the Maldives.
What is ISO 14001 Certification?
ISO 14001 as a principal management system standard defines the new Integrated Environmental Management System (EMS) aimed at environmental protection and development according to coherent and quantitative objectives of an organization. ISO 14001 standard is aimed at improving environmental performance by improving the management system.
ISO 14001 is a standard from the family of ISO 14000 standards developed by the International Organization for Standardization. This standard helps an organization to framework a map that they can use to develop a competitive environmental management system. The main focus of this ISO 14001: 2015 standard is to systematically identify effective means for reducing potentially harmful impacts on the environment.
As of now, ISO 14001 EMS is internationally accepted standard in getting the boon; and over 360,000 ISO 14001 certificates issued globally. This standard not only helps your organization in guiding how to consider your business procurement so that it reduces its impact on the environment but also drives you to reduce waste, improve resources and cut waste management costs.
Benefits of 14001 Certification
ISO 14001 Certification benefits cannot be overstated. An organization implementing ISO 14001 standard have a great effect, as mentioned:
- Commitment to demonstrable management of your environmental impacts
- Enhance your image and market share
- Results in conserving energy and input materials
- Improvement in the efficiency and productivity
- Drive down cost
- Meet legal obligation of the local authority
- Increase business opportunities
- Gain competitive edge
- Improvement in resource efficiency
- Assure that your organization value the environment
- Build stakeholders and customers trust
- Continual improvement
Why you need ISO 14001 Certification?
Implementing ISO 14001 Certification helps your organization in cooperating with the environment positively by reducing environmental impacts of your activities and achieve the associated financial and stakeholder benefits. The certification is broad enough to provide the framework for implementing relevant sustainable practices to offer significant benefits to organizations in any industry or sector.
Requirements of ISO 14001 Certification
ISO 14001:2015 Standard introduces high-level structure, using mandatory definitions, and incorporating common standards requirements and clauses. General requirements for ISO 14001 Certification are:
- Scope of EMS frames out the boundaries and type of procedure and operations you applied.
- Implementation of environmental policy and objective to decide the goals of an organization
- Evaluation of environmental aspects and impacts by appropriate use of resources, and replacing them with eco-friendly resources, and using recycled products by the reduction in waste and treating waste before emission.
- Implementation and monitor the process to determine the timeline to achieve the desired objective.
- Evaluation of environmental performance.
- Maintaining required documents and records.
- Identify risks and treat them as early as possible to implement corrective actions.
- Conduct Internal Audit.
Which Organization needs ISO 14001 Certification?
ISO 14001:2015 should be used by any organization regardless of size and nature to maintain an environmental management system to conform to its established environmental policy and requirements. ISO 14001 Certification helps an organization to carry business by maintaining the Environment and its resources without causing any harm to the ecology.
Strength of Ascent MALDIVES
- We at Ascent MALDIVES have helped over 6000 management systems to put their business in the place.
- We at Ascent have been serving in this field of Management Systems Standards, Product Marking Certifications, and Training for more than 10+ years with vast knowledge of the ISO compliance standards.
- We have well-qualified professional and competent Consultants who understand your business and technical needs and can help you with the practical and pragmatic approach in developing ISO 14001 Certification standard requirements and Certification with proper guidance and training of your personnel.
- Over the years with this approach, we have been enjoying the positive market value that has helped us win numerous service awards and helps in gaining the trust of our clients and customers.
- We at Ascent do not mislead you with any hidden charges.
- We provide the best quote that suits your pocket and achieves excellence in your work.
- We at Ascent enjoy a 100% success rate with certifications and audits.
- We Ascent are THE BEST.
Email your business information to email@example.com or make an appointment for a meeting. After evaluating your business we will get you the real cost, involvement patterns, and timelines, for implementing and acquiring ISO 14001 Certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is ISO 14001 obligatory?
It is not a mandatory or regulatory requirement but organizational should consider as a moral obligation & responsibility towards the environment & mother earth. It helps organizations improve their environmental performance through more efficient use of resources and reduction of waste.
How long does it take to acquire ISO 14001 certification?
Depending upon the size of the organization. Larger the organization more time to get certified and vice versa. Approximately it takes 45 days to 3 months.
What is the cost For ISO 14001 Certification in the Maldives?
Depending upon the size of the organization cost may vary. The total cost includes consultancy fees and annual audit and certificate fees.
How long does ISO 14001 certification valid for?
The cycle of the certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of certification, subject to the successful conduct of surveillance audits before completion of the 1st & 2nd year respectively.
What is the main objective of ISO 14001?
The main objective of ISO 14001 is to reduce the impact on the environment and managing all statutory regulations.