ISO 17020 Accreditation | Conformity assessment — Requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection
Improve customer satisfaction and efficiency of inspection by gaining ISO 17020 Certification in the Maldives.
What is ISO 17020 Certification?
The ISO/IEC 17020:2012 Standard for Conformity Assessment is a standard to perform inspections on behalf of organizations, clients, or authorities. The standard includes all activities including examining processes, procedures, and services determining their conformity, and the reporting of results. To a certain degree, ISO 17020 Accreditation is to carry out an inspection assuring the quality of the inspection services to the clients of the inspection body.
To perform the inspection body examines their conformity with specific requirements or general requirements. The inspection body carries out the inspection to support their technical documentation which describes the scope of activity for which it is competent.
ISO 17020 Accredited organization is a globally accepted standard for issuing valid results with legal documentation. Third-party assessment helps to improve the inspection process. The ISO/IEC 17020 Accreditation was initially developed in the year 1998 with the amendment in the year 2012. The inspection body shall be independent identity to meet the minimum requirements stipulated in Annex A, as outlined below to perform its services.
Type A: An independent inspection body that provides third-party inspection services but does not engage in any activities that may conflict with their independence of judgment and integrity.
Type B: Inspection bodies are separate to supply inspection services to its parent organization sections which form a separate and identifiable part of an Organization.
Type C: Inspection bodies can perform inspections to its parent organization and other external organizations, but may not be a separate part of the organization.
Benefits of ISO 17020 Certification
1. Improvement in the inspection quality
2. Builds brand image
3. Achieve customer satisfaction.
4. Reduction of technical and operational costs.
5. Greater control over the process.
6. Better credibility and market share.
7. Improve effectiveness in the results.
8. Legal Validity of the Inspection Report.
Why you need ISO 17020 Certification?
The biggest benefit an organization can achieve from ISO 17020 Certification is improvement in business process control through process standardization and compliance of all the necessary competence requirements. ISO 17020 helps the organization to maintain impartiality and consistency of their inspection activities.
Requirements of ISO 17020 Certification
- Nominate Management Representative for the conduct of the management system’s requirements process
- Nominate Technical Representative for technical requirements
- Analyzing the type and range of inspection.
- Conduct assessment based on the field of inspection
- Required qualification of the personnel conducting the inspection.
- Prepare and analyze the inspection report.
- Verification of report to match the level of competence against other ISO/IEC 17020:2012 accredited inspection bodies.
Which Organization needs ISO 17020 Certification?
Organization carrying inspection in the field of Engineering, Lifting equipment/Hoists, Electrical installations, local exhaust ventilation, cargo, Civil Construction, Health and social care, Environmental Technology Verification, Food safety-related inspection, Crime related inspection and, etc. can achieve ISO 17020 Accreditation to improve in their inspection quality.
Strength of Ascent MALDIVES
- We at Ascent MALDIVES have helped over 6000 management systems to put their business in the place.
- We at Ascent have been serving in this field of Management Systems Standards, Product Marking Certifications, and Training for more than 10+ years with vast knowledge of the ISO compliance standards.
- We have well-qualified professional and competent Consultants who understand your business and technical needs and can help you with the practical and pragmatic approach in developing ISO 17020 Certification standard requirements and Certification with proper guidance and training of your personnel.
- Over the years with this approach, we have been enjoying the positive market value that has helped us win numerous service awards and helps in gaining the trust of our clients and customers.
- We at Ascent do not mislead you with any hidden charges.
- We provide the best quote that suits your pocket and achieves excellence in your work.
- We at Ascent enjoy a 100% success rate with certifications and audits.
- We Ascent are THE BEST.
Email your business information to firstname.lastname@example.org or make an appointment for a meeting. After evaluating your business we will get you the real cost, involvement patterns, and timelines, for implementing and acquiring ISO 17020 Certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between ISO 17025 and ISO 17020?
ISO 17025 Accreditation is a standard for Testing and Calibration services providing organizations; whereas ISO 17020 is organizations providing Inspection Services.
Is ISO 17020 mandatory?
ISO 17020 accreditation is sometimes mandatory, as required by the Government, for some of the Inspection types. ISO 17020 specifies the requirements for bodies performing inspection with the competence of the conformity of the standard.
How long does it take to acquire ISO 17020 certification?
Timelines for acquiring ISO 17020 Accreditation depends on the nature of an organization and the following:
- Size of the Organization
- Methods being followed by the Organization, in providing the services- e.g. against National/International Standards; or Self Developed Procedures/Methods
- If they are self-developed procedures/methods- the procedures are needed to be validated.
How long ISO 17020 valid?
ISO 17020 certificate of accreditation authorized by IAF MLA is valid for 3 years from the date of accreditation award. After a one-year, a surveillance audit is conducted. On completion of the 3rd year, a renewal audit for certification and surveillance is conducted.
What is the cost of ISO 17020 Certification in Male?
Until we receive detailed information about your organization including the size and nature of your business, and the Procedure / Methods used for conducting Inspection services (against National/International standards or self-developed Procedures / Methods) the cost of ISO 17020 Certification cannot be determined.