ISO 22000 Certification – Food Safety Management System
Obtain ISO 22000 Certification in the Maldives and establish the most efficient Food Safety Management System in your organization.
What is ISO 22000 Certification?
ISO 22000 Standard is a Food safety management system (FSMS) that helps to map out Organizations’ ability to control food safety hazards to ensure that food is safe for human consumption. This standard integrates the system to manage and mitigate food hazards with the requirements needed for an organization.
ISO 22000:2018 developed by the International Organization for Standardization is robust to implement HACCP principles by lowering risks and ensuring the food hazard problems before their occurrence. This standard helps to demonstrate that the food produced and manufactured, from the farms to the plates is safe and can be consumed. ISO 22000 Certification specifies the requirements for an organization to have a process control system to improve the quality of the food they manufacture, process, distribute and import.
ISO 22000 is aligned with FSMS which provides flexibility to bring a tailored solution to the food industry influencing both customers and suppliers to be cautious and aware of the false reclamation. The organization shall achieve this through effective food safety hazard analysis, implementation of PRPs, HACCP plan, CCP, and establishment of effective control measures. This FSMS Standard is generic and applicable to all organizations in the food chain regardless of size and complexity.
Benefits of ISO 22000 Certification
Implementing ISO 22000 Food Safety helps organizations in:
- Improving the management system
- Guarantees quality and safety
- Reducing food poisoning
- Prioritizing customer health and safety
- Enhancement in brand loyalty
- Incorporates legal and regulatory requirements
- Reduction in cost
- Better utilization of resources
- Improved and better consistency in output
- Hazard analysis ensures the identification and traceability of products and services
- Improved compliance with the regulation of the government
- Penetrate new markets
Why does Maldives need ISO 22000 Certification?
The number of tourists traveling around the world has drastically increased in past decades and Maldives after shifting from fishery to tourism is no exception. However, with an increase in tourism, there is an increase in awareness among travelers as well. People are very conscious about their health and safety before choosing a destination to visit; It has become a global concern. This scenario makes Food Safety Management System (FSMS) an undeniable responsibility for organizations if they want to be in the race. The consequences of unsafe food can be serious. ISO 22000:2018 (FSMS) helps organizations identify and control food safety hazards and let them stand out internationally.
Achieving ISO 22000 certificate builds loyalty in your business towards the safety of the food they produce or sell to the customers building customers’ confidence in your products. This will, in turn, help you to gain worldwide recognition, increase creditability and, mitigate the risks involved in the process and procedure resulting in transparency in working with a hike in productivity.
Requirements of ISO 22000 Certification
ISO 22000 Certification requires the following process to implement Food Safety Management Safety (FSMS) with ISO 22000 compliance and by following the ISO 22000 standard.
- Creating and developing Food Safety Policy for your organization.
- Development of policies and procedures.
- Planning and designing a management system.
- Evaluating performance records of the system
- Having an emergency plan for any errors or recalls
- Implementation and usage of proper and adequate resources
- Following HACCP principles
- Formulating the necessary corrective action system
- Maintaining documented procedures
- Conducting an internal audit program
- Continually updating and improving the FSMS
Which Organization needs ISO 22000 Certification?
Any Organization involved in the supply of food chain from farm to plate; seller, wholesaler, retailer, transporter, etc can apply for ISO 22000 certificates, be it
- Additive producers
- Food processors
- Providers of machinery related to the food process
- Hotels, catering service providers
- Food retailers, manufacturers, transporters, etc.
Strength of Ascent MALDIVES
- We at Ascent MALDIVES have helped over 6000 management systems to put their business in the place.
- We at Ascent have been serving in this field of Management Systems Standards, Product Marking Certifications, and ISO 22000 Certification Training for more than 10+ years with vast knowledge of the ISO compliance standards.
Ascent Maldives is available to supply your organization with complete training for personnel and make them capable of solving quality issues like a piece of cake. Ascent Maldives provides training according to the organization’s requirements in a timely and efficient manner, throughout Male, Fuvahmulah, Maafushi Island, and all other parts of the Maldives.
- Consultants related to this field are generally an individual who is not very responsible for an answer if problems persist after the payment. But Ascent Maldives is one of the very few companies working as an organization and a group of experienced personnel having professional principles; we are a genuine company with authenticity meant to serve till the end.
- We have well-qualified professional and competent Consultants who understand your business and technical needs and can help you with the practical and pragmatic approach to developing ISO 22000 Certification standard requirements and Certification with proper guidance and training of your personnel.
- Over the years with this approach, we have been enjoying the positive market value that has helped us win numerous service awards and helps in gaining the trust of our clients and customers.
- We at Ascent do not mislead you with any hidden charges.
- We provide the best quote that suits your pocket and achieves excellence in your work
- We at Ascent enjoy a 100% success rate with certifications and audits.
- We at Ascent are THE BEST.
- Ascent MALDIVES is available to help you 24*7 to solve your queries- complete hand-holding.
- We follow Plan-Do-Check-Act to remove hindrances in achieving the ISO 22000 Certification.
- We provide you with the best quote to value for money-including internal and external audit costs with no extra charges.
- Our successful existence in this competitive market for more than 20 years, suggests our expertise in this field.
Email your business information to email@example.com or make an appointment for a meeting. After evaluating your business we will get you the real cost, involvement patterns, and timelines, for implementing and acquiring ISO 22000 certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does ISO 22000 certification cost in Maldives?
The cost depends on the turnover and size an organization wants to cover under ISO 22000. Costing has no place when it comes to the health of customers or organizations’ reputations. It can be said that ISO 22000 Certification cost is pocket-friendly.
How long will it take to attain ISO 22000 Certification?
You can obtain certification within 3-9 months depending upon the nature of your organization and its size. Once the ISO 22000 is thoroughly implemented in the organization, an audit needs to be conducted by a third-party independent certification body. The certificate is awarded on successful clearance of the audit.
For how long is an ISO 22000 Certification valid?
ISO 22000 Certification for Food Safety Management System certificate lasts for 3 years from the issuing date and requires annual surveillance and a Re-certification process after expiry.
Is ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000 the same standard?
NO, ISO 22000 Is Food Safety Management System and FSSC Food Safety System Certification that is recognized under the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative).
What is the difference between ISO 22000 and HACCP?
HACCP works under the principles of Critical Control Point (CCP); It is just a part of ISO 22000 that throughout the processes tries to identify the risk and prevent hazards from the initial source to the final.