Be the organization that produces lead-free Electrical and Electronic Equipment by adopting RoHS Certification in the Maldives.
What is RoHS Certification?
ROHS refers to the Restriction of Hazards Substances within Electrical and Electronic Equipments. The RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU bans the usage of hazardous substances beyond the agreed levels of Lead(Pb), Cadmium(Cd), Mercury, Hexavalent chromium (CR VI), Polybrominated biphenyl (PBBs) (PBB), and Polybrominated diphenyl (PBDEs) flame retardants. EU Directive 2015/863 added four new restricted substances such as Bis(2-Ethylhexyl) Phthalate (DEHP), Benzyl Butyl Phthalate (BPP), Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Diisobutyl Phthalate (DIBP) to be used in the adequate proportion as prescribed by the regulation. Benzyl Butyl Phthalate (BPP) and Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) will need to comply by July 22, 2021, in the hazardous list by limiting the scope of usage.
The Directive on the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) holds companies directly responsible for the chemical compliance of their products beyond the allowable amounts of the following restricted materials. This means all products before entering the market need to conform to strict standard compliance to make them reliable and safe for usage. The products or equipment mandatorily apply to RoHS Directives are listed as Large household appliances, Consumer electronics, Lighting equipment, Power tools, Automatic dispensers Computing & communications equipment, medical devices and equipment and, etc.
The main purpose of using Restriction of Hazards Substances (RoHS) is to prevent the environment from such substances to create less pollution in landfills, during recycling, etc. Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment (WEEE) 2002/96/EC sets recycling and recovery targets to solve the problem of huge amounts of toxic e-waste. Both RoHS and WEEE are interlinked as a part of the legislative. The standard applies to all the manufacturers who need to also pass the requirements of WEEE along with RoHS to get entry into the market.
Benefits of RoHS Certification
- Stringent process control to avoid hazardous substances
- Less leaching in landfills avoiding pollution
- Competitive advantage for manufacturers in markets
- Increased skill levels in the global workforce
- Safe Products causing no harm to health and the environment
- Product reliability and customer Satisfaction
- Higher Market value
- Advantages to take business globally
Why you need RoHS Certification?
With the continual, rapid growth of technology many customers became aware of the adverse effects of the hazardous substances and are also responsible for throwing obsolete e-waste resulting in landfills. To avoid this, the RoHS directive has been adopted to limit the number of hazardous materials in the EEE to reduce the number of heavy metal poisoning incidents.
Requirements of RoHS Certification
An organization need to fulfill certain requirements to comply with the RoHS compliance such as
- Regular conduct of RoHS testing to ensure the product falls with the compliance of RoHS Directive
- Establish policies and procedures to meet the Directives of the RoHS
- Ensure the elimination or use within the prescribed limit of hazardous substances in the equipment
- Conduct an internal audit for the Conformity of the RoHS certification
- Perform selected analysis of components in EEE
- Follow the guidelines of WEEE
- Development of technical file and records
- Conduct training of the employees
Which Organization needs RoHS Certification?
Any business dealing or selling electronic and applicable electronic products in the market, or components directly to EU countries or be the resellers, distributors, or integrators that in turn sell products to EU countries is required to comply with the RoHS certification. To get entry and show that your organization value consumer health, as well as the environment, the manufacturer, dealer, or the reseller of the EEE products, need to be RoHS Certified.
Strength of Ascent MALDIVES
- We at Ascent MALDIVES have helped over 6000 management systems to put their business in the place.
- We at Ascent have been serving in this field of Management Systems Standards, Product Marking Certifications, and Training for more than 10+ years with vast knowledge of the ISO compliance standards.
- We have well-qualified professional and competent Consultants who understand your business and technical needs and can help you with the practical and pragmatic approach in developing RoHS Certification standard requirements and Certification with proper guidance and training of your personnel.
- Over the years with this approach, we have been enjoying the positive market value that has helped us win numerous service awards and helps in gaining the trust of our clients and customers.
- We at Ascent do not mislead you with any hidden charges.
- We provide the best quote that suits your pocket and achieves excellence in your work.
- We at Ascent enjoy a 100% success rate with certifications and audits.
- We Ascent are THE BEST.
Email your business information to email@example.com or make an appointment for a meeting. After evaluating your business we will get you the real cost, involvement patterns, and timelines, for implementing and acquiring RoHS Certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is RoHS Compliant?
RoHS is a product level compliance based on the European Union’s Directive 2002/95/EC, the Restriction of the Use of certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS)
How long does the RoHS Certificate valid for?
RoHS Certificate is valid for 5 years to record product safety and verify RoHS Compliance.
Which is the RoHS current Directive?
The RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU after amendment on 15 November 2017, the European Parliament and of the Council currently restricts the use of ten hazardous substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment.
What is the cost of RoHS Certification in the Maldives?
The cost of RoHS depends on the approach you are taking and the factors including internal resourcing capabilities, and as well as the scope of products/services you offer.
Is RoHS Certified products lead-free?
RoHS has restricted the use of Hazardous substances in their EEE. Lead is one of the Hazardous substances. In the RoHS directive, they have mentioned the user must not exceed the exact limit. For lead, it is 0.004%.
For other substances, the Directive has given the maximum limits.